National S’mores Day is coming to an end but I couldn’t let the day go by without adding my spin on things. My instagram feed was s’mores, s’mores , and more s’mores . . . so naturally I started craving some sort of s’mores concoction. Although the the pictures were tempting (pretty sure I saw a croissant and s’mores combo, YUM!) I knew I had to come up with a healthier alternative to fill the void and keep my diet on track.
This super simple recipe has only three ingredients and is quick to put together, almost like regular s’mores, so really it’s like the same thing only with better ingredients. Bonus points as this is not only gluten-free but vegan too (just make sure you source ingredients that are processed in facilities free from dairy, etc.) so anyone can indulge no matter your dietary restrictions. Additionally, this is a “no bake” recipe a.k.a you do not need to torch the marshmallow (trust me I tried and nothing happened, which is fine as marshmallow fluff is already soft and gives you that melted feel as is . . . it all works out in the end).
This is truly one of the simplest things you could ever make, basically right up there with cereal but was so yummy and satisfied my sweet tooth perfectly without feeling like I was settling for a lesser version of the real thing. I will definitely be making this whenever I have a craving for sweets and carbs. Give it a try and let me know what you think and how it compares.
- 1 Cinnamon Toast Rice Cake
- 2 squares of 72% dark chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp Suzanne’s rice mellow creme (can be found at Whole Foods Market)
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments to prevent burning (approximately 1.5 to 2 minutes total), stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate evenly over the rice cake.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate covered rice cake.