I am always looking to come up with new recipes, especially ones that are healthy, guilt free, and tasty. This Curry Fried Riced Cauliflower with Greens fits the bill. It is filling, nutritious, and packs in a lot of flavor. Keep in mind this will be a bit spicy so you can always reduce the amount of spices depending on your heat tolerance. I typically cannot handle anything too spicy and I was not bothered at all by the heat in this dish.
The below amounts result in a pretty hearty portion and should fill you up. I did the math and figured the calories on this dish to come in at around 360 calories (based on the quantities below) which beats your standard egg fried rice! You can serve as a side dish portioned out into smaller servings or as a whole meal. Give this dish a try and let me know what you think or if you have any questions regarding the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Riced cauliflower (raw)
- 1.5 oz (weighed) Power greens mix (baby kale, baby chard, and baby spinach) – Can be found at Trader Joe’s
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cashew or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- half a lime
- Salt (Himalayan Pink Salt preferred)
- Water (approx 1/4 cup)
- In a small bowl combine spices, excluding salt. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and cashew/ coconut milk together. Set aside.
- In a 10-12 in. skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cook until slightly softened. Add garlic, stirring constantly.
- Add eggs and scramble. Stir in the riced cauliflower when eggs are about half way done (they should still be slightly runny).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in spices.
- Add greens and water as necessary, approximately 1-2 Tbsp at a time to add moisture and to keep from burning.
- Stir constantly and cook until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat, squeeze lime juice over dish, stir, and add salt to taste.