The day is finally here! My trip to New York City is hours away and I am beyond excited, not only to go and have a much needed vacation but to share everything upon my return. I have been stressed with all the preparation and packing up until now but am finally ready! I will be documenting most of the trip which I promise will largely consist of food. I am about to take off for the airport now but wanted to quickly share my essential travel carry-on items.
I usually travel with only carry-on luggage, but since this trip will be a week long I gave in and decided to check a bag, which left me a lot more room for my carry-on. If you find yourself in a situation where you will be bringing both a checked bag and carry-on I have the following recommendations.
- Pack your valuables in your carry-on bag. This includes jewelry, any electronics, etc. Its a bummer to start a trip with lost checked baggage and I’m sure would suck even more had you packed valuable items in your luggage.
- Pack your beauty routine in your carry-on. Make-up, skin care, hair products. Provided all liquids comply with the TSA 3-1-1 rule (no more than 3 oz. per item all in a single quart sized zip-lock bag) I recommend packing these items in your carry-on so that you have access to them as soon as you land and in case the airline loses your checked bags.
- Pack one outfit in your carry-on. This will also help protect you in case of any lost luggage and in case you want to change when you get off the plane.
Because carry-on luggage is smaller maximize your space by following the above tips. Below I also have some recommended products to include in your carry-on as well that I am bringing with me on this trip. Note that this is not all I have packed in my carry-on (which is crammed full by the way) but a sample of some of the items I found necessary, useful, and fun!
- Makeup bag for skin care/ makeup products
- Make-up remover wipes
- Compact mirror
- Mask for the plane ride (Rodial Dragons Blood Hyaluronic mask)
- Halo charger (in case your phone runs out of battery!)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Makeup bag #2
- Jewelry travel case
- Carry-on cocktail kit
- Make-up Planner (Trish McEvoy)
- Mini Lint Roller
- Anti-bacterial Wipes
- Phone charger
Hope some of these tips helped. Keep updated now by following me on social media: instagram, snapchat, and twitter where I will be posting about my trip in real time!
Comment to let me know if you have any recommendations while I’m in New York for food or places to visit!