If there’s one thing I can get enough of it would probably be chocolate, I am always down for some sweets and sometimes the temptation is just too real. I made these bites to give myself a “candy” alternative by taking care of my chocolate/ sweet cravings in an all REAL FOOD treat that is simple, easy to make, and has no added/ processed sugars.
These bites/ balls are seriously SO GOOD! You can prep a batch and keep in your fridge to snack on when those cravings hit. I add collagen to mine because I’m like let me get a little more collagen in where I can, but you can make these totally vegan by omitting the collagen, completely up to you! Whether you share these balls with friends or keep them all for yourself, I doubt they’ll last long. Just try to pace yourself because there’s still sugar in these from the dates, and you can have too much of a good thing.
Check out the recipe below and enjoy! xo SAV
- 12 pitted dates
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp raw hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp powdered collagen (I use Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate) ***optional (omit if vegan)***
- In a bowl stir together coconut oil, almond butter, and cacao powder until smooth and evenly combined.
- Add dates, coconut oil/ almond butter/ cacao mixture, almonds, and collagen to a food processor and combine until a thick/ coarse paste forms. Do not process for too long, you should still have some small almond pieces visible.
- Add hemp hearts and pulse 3-5 more times until evenly dispersed throughout mixture.
- Using a teaspoon to measure, scoop mixture and roll into balls and place them evenly spaced on a baking sheet (I like to line mine with wax paper).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving/ eating.
- Store in your fridge for a go to snack or bite sized dessert!
- These should keep up to a week in your fridge, although mine have never made it that long without being eaten!